Friday, January 21, 2011

SC's new governor is proud to hate unions

Nikki Haley hates unions. She's South Carolina's new governor and a nightmare for the labor movement.  Haley appointed a union buster to run the state's labor agency in order to keep unions out of the Boeing plant in N. Charleston. The IAM and AFL-CIO yesterday asked for a court order to shut Haley up requiring Haley to remain neutral. When asked about the suit, Haley said,
There's no secret I don't like the unions. We are a right-to-work state. I will do everything I can to defend the fact we are a right-to-work state. We are pro-business by nature. I want us to continue to be pro-business. If they don't like what I said, I'm sorry, that's how I feel.
TeamsterNation would like to remind Gov. Haley of Martin Luther King's words about right-to-work (for LESS):
In our glorious fight for civil rights, we must guard against being fooled by false slogans, such as 'right-to-work.' It provides no 'rights' and no 'works.' Its purpose is to destroy labor unions and the freedom of collective bargaining…. We demand this fraud be stopped.